Since September 2013, new immigration rules apply in Spain to promote foreign investment. One of them is the so called “Golden Visa”, applicable to:
- Persons with high academic qualifications
The Golden Visa allows for:
- Visa and/or Permission to live and work and Spain.
- Free movement across the Schengen area.
- Expedited processing: Visa petition resolved within 10 business days. Residence permits resolved within 20 business days.
- In the case of the investor, no obligation to effectively reside in Spain (it is only required to visit Spain once during the period of residence).
Eligible investors are foreigners who have made a significant capital investment in Spain:
- Real estate assets (over € 500,000)
- Shares in Spanish companies or financial deposits in Spanish banks (over 1 million €)
- Business projects they are to be developed in Spain considered of general interest,
- Spanish public debt (over € 2 million).
Other eligible persons are the following:
- Entrepreneurs: foreigners who are to develop an entrepreneurial and business activity with particular economic interest to Spain.
- Highly qualified personnel: employees or people in possession of a graduate or postgraduate degree from a prestigious University or Business School.
- Researchers: Scientific and technical staff and professors from Universities and Business Schools.
- Expats: Staff in international transfer in the context of an employment, professional or training relationship with a company or group of companies established in Spain or another country.
If you wish to receive more information about Golden Visa, please contact Mr. Roberto Bosco on +34 93 255 31 35 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Picture: El toro de Osborne, by Jacinta Lluch under License by Creative Commons.